ERI provides analyses of commercial aspects of light water reactor fuel fabrication technologies and commercial contract terms and conditions. ERI prepares assessments of the fabrication market and prices, prepares bid specifications and performs economic and commercial evaluations of contract terms and conditions.
ERI assists nuclear operating companies with assessments of the global markets for nuclear fuel fabrication services. ERI offers consulting services in this area that include:
- Comprehensive analyses of the market for fuel fabrication services with respect to supply, requirements, competition, products, cost and pricing
- Complete bid specifications, evaluation guidelines and negotiating strategies for procurement of fuel fabrication services
- Development of evaluation guidelines and negotiation strategies for procurement of fuel fabrication services
- Commercial and economic review of fuel fabrication contract terms and conditions
- Seminars on procurement of nuclear fuel fabrication services
ERI prepared a Nuclear Fuel Fabrication Handbook4 for use by U.S. electric utility company fuel management and procurement personnel, which was widely distributed by the Nuclear Energy Institute.