ERI assists its clients in assessing the market for enrichment services and low-enriched uranium (LEU). ERI consultants have extensive experience in analyzing the global market for uranium enrichment services and LEU, assessing factors that affect the market, analyzing uranium enrichment production costs, and providing advice to clients regarding uranium enrichment procurement and contracting strategies.
ERI offers consulting services associated with the uranium enrichment market that include:
- Production cost analysis of suppliers of uranium enrichment services
- Comprehensive analyses of the market for enrichment services with respect to supply, requirements, competition, cost and pricing
- Impact assessments of key market factors, including the introduction of surplus nuclear weapons derived materials and government inventories on the commercial markets for nuclear fuel materials and services
- Analyses of procurement strategies for uranium enrichment services, including evaluation of key contract terms and conditions
- Design of bid specifications for enrichment services
- Evaluation of contracting issues and supply proposals for uranium enrichment services
- Due diligence review of uranium enrichment companies and uranium enrichment technologies
- Expert Testimony and litigation support related to enrichment services supply and procurement issues for numerous clients. This support has included preparation of expert testimony in U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission license application hearings to support licensing proceedings for two gas centrifuge enrichment plants and a proposed laser enrichment enterprise.
ERI prepared a comprehensive Enrichment Handbook3 for use by U.S. electric utility company fuel management and procurement personnel, which was widely distributed by the Nuclear Energy Institute.