ERI assists its clients in assessing the ever-changing markets for uranium concentrates, natural uranium hexafluoride, and uranium conversion services. ERI’s staff consultants have extensive experience in analysis of world-wide uranium mining capabilities and production costs, analysis of uranium and conversion services supply, requirements, and price projections, and preparation of bid specifications, and analyses of supply contracts.
ERI offers consulting services associated with the uranium and conversion markets that include:
- Production cost analyses of uranium properties and uranium conversion plants
- Impact assessments of key market factors, including the introduction of surplus nuclear weapons derived materials, government inventories, and commercial inventories on the commercial markets for nuclear fuel materials and services
- Analyses of the market opportunities for bringing uranium deposits into production
- Due diligence reviews of uranium properties for prospective buyers and for prospective customers
- Analyses of procurement strategies for uranium concentrates, natural uranium hexafluoride and uranium conversion services
- Design of bid specifications for uranium concentrates, natural uranium hexafluoride and uranium conversion services
- Evaluation of contracting issues and supply proposals for uranium concentrates, natural uranium hexafluoride and uranium conversion services
- Assessments of the uranium and uranium-equivalent inventories held around the world
- Evaluation of utility strategic uranium inventories in order to determine uranium inventory optimization based on a probabilistic risk assessment for uranium supply using Monte Carlo analysis. This includes identification of inventory amounts, forms of uranium to be held in inventory (natural uranium concentrates, natural or enriched uranium hexafluoride, etc.), and identification of uranium supply risk factors specific to a client’s uranium supply contracts.
- Expert testimony and litigation support related to uranium supply and procurement issues including testimony in international trade cases, contract disputes, and electric utility rate case proceedings regarding the procurement of uranium and conversion services
ERI prepared a comprehensive Uranium and Conversion Handbook2 for use by U.S. electric utility company fuel management and procurement personnel which was widely distributed by the Nuclear Energy Institute.